One of my favorite monthly indulgences (and I have many) is my Birchbox, for only $10 a month (even less if you subscribe annually) you get 5 deluxe beauty samples specially curated just for you and delivered to your door! It seriously brightens my day to open that box and try on all the products at once (don’t judge me.) Starting with my first box in May of 2013 I have seriously found at least one product every month that I’ve bought again, and there have been quite a few products I have added to my daily beauty routine. So here, in no particular order, are 10 my favorite products I discovered through my Birchbox.
(clockwise from top left)
1. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk : My favorite dry shampoo. I love the scent and even on my brown hair it doesn’t leave any white residue. Tip: If you know you won’t have time in the morning to wash your hair, use this the night before to allow for maximum oil absorption.
2. derma e Hydrating Mist with Hyaluronic Acid : This mist is a great light coverage I like to wear under my tinted moisturizer, I swear it plumped and tightened my skin within just 2 weeks. Its also great as a refresher over your makeup, just make sure you spray from a distance.
3. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels : I took these bad boys with me to Vegas for an extended Labor Day Weekend and let me tell you, they were an absolute lifesaver! After overindulging in every way on Thursday and Friday my poor eyes were so puffy Saturday morning I was seriously considering donning my darkest shades for brunch. But instead I grabbed these gel pads from my makeup case and put them on. Five short minutes and a bottle of high quality H2O later I was as good as new (at least on the outside)
4. Caudalie Make-up Remover Cleansing Water : This makeup remover manages to get through my mascara without irritating my eyes or leaving a greasy residue. I’m seriously obsessed.
5. Benefit Fakeup : This under-eye concealer is super easy to apply and the built in moisturizer (packed with ultra-nourishing vitamin e and apple seed extract) allows it to blend seamlessly. Pick a shade slightly lighter than your foundation to get the best dark circle coverage.
6. Mèreadesso All-in-One Moisturizer : Hands down the best moisturizer I have ever used. A little bit pricey, I’ll be the first to admit, but if anything was worth it it’s this. Not only does it moisturize but it doubles (triples? Quadruples??) as a toner, primer and eye cream. And it actually does all those things well! Plus a little bit goes a long way, and you’re stuck with your skin for the rest of your life so might as well take care of it now!
7. twistband Specialty Pack : If you haven’t tried ribbon hair ties yet you are seriously missing out. They are super gentle on your hair and are even comfortable to wear on your wrist. These are super durable and long lasting, plus the designs are too cute.
8. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser : This cleansing system has won over 100 awards and after just one use it becomes obvious why. The texture and fragrance are nothing short of incredible, it removes all traces of even the heaviest makeup, and the eucalyptus and rosemary oils help gently lift away dirt you didn’t even know was there. Plus its great for ALL SKIN TYPES (!!!) This is one product I will buy again and again.
9. Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips : For all you ladies that get dry skin in the winter or who’s men have the worlds roughest hands (the worst) this stuff is incredible. It absorbs into your skin with no greasy feeling and helps rehydrate it better than a regular intense cream. Used as a lip gloss it plumps up your lips and once absorbed its a great primer! Plus its made of 100% natural Lanolin “La- Lanolin. Like, like the sheep’s wool?” you ask? Why yes, yes it is.
10. beautyblender : Even the most expensive makeup can look awful without the right application and this is the tool for the job. This fool-proof beauty sponge helps blend your foundation to provide even coverage without absorbing any at all.
xx What are some of your must-have beauty products? xx